2016. WOW. What a year.
If you’ve been on social media like on any platform the majority of people will say this year has been the worst. The worst you know? I’m pretty sure the world has been through worst but we’ll leave that debate for another day…
Now don’t get me wrong we have experienced some crazy stuff this year. I honestly feel like it went down hill from Harambe being shot at the zoo.
That was swiftly followed by:
Br-exit – I mean I still question people who voted leave but at the end of the day what’s done is done, time to move on.
Donald Trump – I thought Britain made the craziest decision this year but of course America was there to prove us wrong.
A lot of celebrities died – Seriously I’ve lost count of the amount of famous people who passed this year.
Celebrity relationships – The most annoying thing about celebrities is you can’t escape them or their lives. I have to admit though, this years celebrity romances have been crazy too; Taylor Swift moved on from her year and a half relationship with Calvin Harris to Tom Hiddleston. I still think Hiddleswift’s relationship was a little weird… We’ve also had Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian relationship which has resulted in an engagement, baby Dream and a few breakups along the way, Cheryl and Liam Payne’s relationship and Brangelina’s split.
All in all it’s been a pretty crazy year in the rest of the world, but in my life this year has been pretty amazing. So here are my 2016 highlights:
- Finished uni which meant completing my dissertation, degree and of course my life in education
- I graduated – yaaaaaaaaaaaas. I got my hat, gown and everything
- I got a job straight outta uni. One that I love as well
- I went V festival
- I celebrated my 21st birthday. Yup I’ve been alive for over two decades
- I got baptised
- I’ve managed to reduce my overdraft to the lowest it’s been since I opened it
- I went winter wonderland for the first time.
- I’ve been more proactive with my blog.
- I treated my mum to an Ab Fab night at the Mondrian Hotel
- I shadowed two radio presenters
- Spoke to people in the broadcasting industry
- I attended a London Fashion Week event.
- I interviewed celebrities for work
- I saw the Queen Bey
- My hair has grown
All in all I’ve had an amazing incredible year and I can’t wait to continue in the new year!
Happy New Years everyone I hope 2017 treats you well.